DE : RU : AT : CZ : EE : FR : IT : LT : PL : RO : AM : BE : BY : KZ : MD : UA : UZ
TARO M9000 Card Delivers SAS and HostRAID™ Add-on Functionality for Server Boards.
| ||Tyan’s TARO M9000 Card Delivers SAS and HostRAID™ Add-on Functionality for Server Boards. A potential bottleneck for many enterprise-class server systems lies in the storage I/O architecture, which has classically been tied to parallel bus interfaces. With the introduction of serial connect interfaces, several types of storage devices, such as those based on SCSI, can now be accessed at higher speeds with more bandwidth. With the upcoming introduction of widely available Serial-Attached SCSI (SAS) devices, Tyan announces a new TARO add-on card product. The M9000 offers the benefits of an enterprise-class storage I/O interface for just about any tier of customer. |
Such benefits include:
· Four (4) or eight (8) port SAS / SATA-II ports supported (SKU-dependent)
· Up to 3.0 Gb/s throughput per port
· HostRAID levels 0, 1, and 10, as well as ZCR
· PCI-X 133MHz bus interface (via TARO SO-DIMM socket)
· Wide-range of OS supported including Windows and Linux
· M9000 supported on many Tyan server motherboards
The introduction of serial connect interfaces for use in storage I/O technologies has opened up the possibility for incredible performance gains and improved airflow in space-critical applications environments, such as in server rackmount systems.